Finance and Benefits

This information on this page can help you find more details about managing your money, debt advice, welfare benefits, grants and paying for care.

Please note: Financial advice is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) so when getting financial advice from an organisation or person you should make sure you are dealing with an approved specialist adviser.

The Financial Conduct Authority regulates the financial services industry in the UK. The FCA provides information about financial services products, complaints and advice about ensuring you are dealing with authorised firms


For information and advice about welfare benefits, including housing and council tax, contact your local council or local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). 


Citizens Advice Bureau

Provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.


Financial Help if you are Disabled from Central Government

Information about the range of disability-related financial support, including benefits, tax credits, payments, grants and concessions that are available.


Turn 2 Us OK

A charity that helps people in financial need to access welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help – online, by phone and face to face through partner organisations.


First Stop Advice

An independent, free service provided by the national charity Elderly Accommodation Counsel (EAC) in partnership with other local and national organisations.

Money Advice Service

Free impartial information and advice about managing your money.


Just Retirement

Operates in association with Foundations (the National body for Home Improvement Agencies and Handyperson Services) and with Age UK.


Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA)

Independent information about the financial issues of later life, including access to specialist accredited advisers.


Compare Equity Release

To find out more about equity release, First Stop enables you to compare advice from all providers.