We can provide a complete service to help you through the Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) process, from helping with an application for a DFG through to project managing the works to completion. If your needs have already been assessed by an Occupational Therapist and a referral has been sent to the HIA, you will be assigned a Caseworker who will work with you to complete your adaptations. We can also provide technical support through one of our experienced surveyors. The work we can help with includes:-
- Helping you apply for a grant
- Getting quotes for the work.
- Dealing with planning and building control applications.
- Checking tenders and appointing a contractor
- Overseeing the work and ensuring the work is completed to your satisfaction
- Liaising with your local authority to get your grant approved and payments processed.
- If your needs haven’t been assessed by an Occupational Therapist then we can advise you about whether you are likely to be eligible for a DFG prior to you contacting the OT service on 0345 045 5202 to register for an assessment.
Our Adaptations Policy explains what types of grants and help are available. It was approved in 2019.
Cambs HIA will charge a fee for the work we do on your behalf. This will be calculated as a percentage of the cost of works and will be subject to VAT. We can provide further details of what this cost is likely to be, once we know more about the work you require.
Further guidance about Disabled Facilities Grants can be found in the Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 (Amended in 1999).